Friday, March 27, 2020

Update March 27, 2020


Good afternoon,

I wanted to provide you with an update.  The teachers had a virtual meeting with Dr. Ackell this afternoon, and he provided us with some important information. 

The 3rd marking period is over.  If your student did any Study Island grade changes during the closure, please send them to me by Tuesday, March 31st.  Grades are going to be based on what was due prior to the closure.  I'm going to give everyone extra credit for March Madness and the Al Gore essay.  If I do not have it, do not worry about it.  I saw everyone working on these things before the school closure, so everyone will get the extra credit.  I will have grades done by Friday, April 3rd.

I have some details about what to expect moving forward.  On Monday or Tuesday, you will be getting a phone call from your student's homeroom teacher.  The teacher will ask you some questions and assist you with technology needs and discuss with you the plan for continuing your student's education during the school closure.

I'm going to be setting up a Google classroom.  There will be an assignment available every week.  It is optional, and it will not be graded; however, we advise that you have your student log on and complete the work.  Though it is not technically graded, I will still provide feedback to each student.  As a district, we are offering review and enrichment during the school closure.  In order to maintain continuity of learning, I ask that you have your student participate. Invitations to join my Google Classroom will be coming out sometime this weekend.

In addition to Google Classroom, I will be holding office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00-3:00 in Google Hangouts.  I will be sending you more information about how to access my office hours over the next few days.

For those of you without internet access, we will be providing packets.  More information about packet distribution will be coming out in the phone call you receive on Monday or Tuesday.

I ask that you hold off on questions until after your homeroom teacher calls you on Monday or Tuesday.  Please know that I understand that these are difficult times for all, and I plan to be very flexible with 3rd marking period grades and moving forward.

Thank you,
Mrs. Fowler